Natalie's latest:
Me- "Natalie, come here so you can take your medicine."
Natalie- "No."
Me- "Natalie, you need to take your medicine."
Natalie- "Why?"
Me- "Because it will help you stay healthy."
Natalie- "Why, mommy?"
Me- "Natalie, you need to take it for your heart."
Natalie- "Why? Heart broke?"
It made me ponder what she really comprehends. We don't talk a lot about her imperfect heart. She has watched her picture DVD hundreds of times so knows about all those tubes and bandages she experienced. But I really wonder. Does she realize that she breathes heavy when she comes up the stairs? Does she know that other children her age don't get tired after walking 50 yards? Does she comprehend the fact that her heart is "broke?" I wonder...
Hi Angie - I don't know how I missed a bunch of these great posts! It was fun to get "caught up". I can relate on many levels to many of your questions and fears for Natalie. Being a heart mama is a true test of faith at all times, isn't it? There is so much unknown in our little ones' lives, yet we have to rely on the One who knows every hair on their heads. Blessings to you!!
ReplyDelete