Every time Natalie is asked to pray for a meal we hear something like this..."God, thank you that we can eat our food by ourselves and the chickens eat their food by themselves. Amen."
Even though the chickens no longer reside at our house, their memory is not gone. Just recently, Heidi saw the owner of the chickens. He told her that an owl had gotten Blackberry, but that Buttercup had grown up into a nice big Rooster! A Rooster named Buttercup!!! Maybe he could have fit in with the hens on "Chicken Run" better than his counterpart, Rocky. Mr. John said, "It's a funny thing. That rooster is a loner and just walks around in circles. He doesn't interact with the other chickens." I'm not surprised. He doesn't think of himself as a chicken-he's a kid. He's probably bored too-no flying lessons or gourmet made meals out of green bean ends. He's probably thinking..."Those were the day! I had attention every day. I got to be cheuffered in a bucket. They clothed me like a baby! Oh, for the land of the Hand's."
No comments:
Post a Comment