Monday, April 2, 2012

Bragging Rites

March has flown by and our oldest daughter has started her tenth year of life without my acknowledgement of it on here.  It's hard for me to believe that Heidi is nine!  She's completed her last year in single digits...never to return again. 

I have to say that she amazes me every year with her growing independent spirit.  (She's so much like her Mom.)  Sometimes I feel like my arms are so full that I can feel her slipping through my fingers as she gets older.  Heidi's independence has allowed her the freedom to try new things and challenge herself.  She has that perfectionistic drive that comes naturally to the firstborn.  It's hard on her to not be the first or the best at something, but she's learning those hard lessons in growing up. 

I have to brag on her a bit.  She is so good at mothering and has enjoyed her new "babysitting" responsibilities that I give her on occasion.  She's taken her creativity to a new level by sewing with her Aunt Daisy.  She's creating cloth headbands that are really cute.  Maybe she'll develop a new little business for herself selling them.  Heidi got glowing reports from her teacher at parent/teacher conferences lately.  Heidi loves school and the academic world.  Her favorite subjects are math and science tho she is advanced in her reading too.  Her teacher said that she is so understanding and compassionate with kids who may irritate others in the class or not be in the popular crowd.  She loving sets limits with them, but still is their friend.  This makes my heart burst with pride as I can see where she is letting Jesus' love show to others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment