Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Survivin'

"Laddalie" Not feeling so hot.
Happy little man feeling much better.
Jessie's five now. She wanted a brown dress on her princess birthday cake.
Jess serving tea with her new tea set. Natalie loves to play along.



I know, I know. It's been almost a month since I've posted anything. Well, if I posted any pictures sooner you wouldn't see the growth.

We've been hit by the BUG again. Heidi started everything off with a cough and an ear infection, then it quickly traveled to Jessica. Craig was initiated with his first cold by catching it. We thought Natalie was going to dodge this bug, but it caught up with her Wednesday. The runny nose started but so far her symptoms haven't been as bad as her older sisters. Maybe it's RSV and her high-priced Synagis is actually helping her out.

Craig has suffered terribly with this cold. Poor guy made a trip to the ER at 3 am Monday morning. I had been up for two nights straight with a crying baby that wouldn't let me put him down and I was losing my mind. I was beginning to feel like I did when Natalie got out of the hospital for the first time and I was giving her meds, feeding her or pumping every two hours at night. (ie.-everything was getting fuzzy and the world was spinning around as I moved in slow motion.) I needed someone to tell me that my overactive brain (that was telling me that my baby had something terribly wrong), was just playing tricks on me and my healthy baby was sick with an ear infection. Tylenol didn't work so hot, but ibuprofen did wonders for his attitude. The nurse practitioner suggested that we hold off on antibiotics since he really hadn't spiked a fever yet. We did start him on antibiotics Wednesday as he was still cranky when not medicated. Thursday he started smiling again and hasn't had any ibuprofen or Tylenol since Wednesday. Craig still has a little congestion, but is getting better overall. He's not too sure about the taste of the amoxicillin so I'm not sure how much good it actually is doing. It doesn't all stay in his mouth.

Our little boy is growing quickly. He has a new activity center to play with and I've caught him reaching for the toys hanging down. He's got such a sweet smile and coos and gurgles away. I've started to find him in different positions than I left him which means he might be rolling soon. He pushes with his feet and ends up at the top of his bassinet by morning.

Natalie is saying more words and is putting different words together to form thoughts. Yesterday and today her dad refereed some volleyball games. She was so excited to get out of the house to go watch, but as soon as she got there, she wanted to run onto the floor to see her Daddy. I was hoping that I'd get out of going today, but she came into the living room carrying her boots saying, "Ball! Daddy! Bye!!" How could I resist? She gave me that look with those dancing eyes and we were on our way.

Jessie has had fun giving tea parties with her tea set that she got for her birthday. She loves to plan parties and wants to have people over. Unfortunately I haven't been feeling as much like entertaining as she has.

Heidi is growing up before our eyes. She's becoming such a young lady. Valentines day has her all prepped and ready to make Valentine's cards. Just give her some paper, crayons, scissors and tape and you get something beautiful. Maybe you'll receive one of her creations in your mailbox.

1 comment:

  1. sooooo cute. jess is growing up fast. Cj looks like his cousin & uncle. luv that smile. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete